Friday, September 02, 2005

WARM WELCOME TO SGGS CLASS OF 1965

Although I’m the host of this blog site, I would like everyone to please regard as your very own. I’ve chosen the gemmed roses to symbolize precious friends; friends with whom we shared a lot in common during our years as students of SGGS.

Although we continue to share our lives with some of these friends after leaving school, there are others we haven’t seen or heard from for forty years. Hopefully we can meet up with these friends at the Reunion Dinner in December. However forty years absence is very long indeed. We may recall a name but cannot put a face to it or we may remember a face but cannot recall the name.

To make this reunion more meaningful, I hope every person who visits this site will use the comment section to write a little bit about yourself. To help others who wish to contact you, please use your maiden name and provide your e-mail address and homepage URL if you have one. If you don’t have a web page yet, then this is the time to create one. If you have news you’d like to share or suggestions on improving this blogsite, please feel free to do so. I also urge the organizing committee members of the coming event to introduce themselves and to announce updates which I will post on this blogsite.

So ladies, if you’ve read this far, hit the keys right away as we’d love to hear from you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friends,
How are you all out there?
From SGGS, I went on to MU and graduated B.Sc. Hons in Zoology. I had been a teacher for 31 years by the time I retired in 2003.

Right now, I am still keeping busy lecturing in Disted College in Penang.

My children are all grown up & I have 4 grandchildren, the eldest being 12 years old.

Hope to see you all at the reunion.

Rashidah & I discussed whether we should leave a legacy for SGGS by starting a scholarship fund for the pupils, a small one.

What do you all think?

Warm regards,
Lim Pin Lean

5/9/05 02:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Khatijah

It's wonderful of you to create this site for us. It will certainly encourage more exchanges among us especially the long-lost contacts.
As you so aptly said, it is hard to put a name to a face and vice versa after 40 long years of absence. So forgive me for saying I just could not put your face to your name :) I was in Mrs Ooi's class for Forms 1 and 2. My memory is failing me ... , right now I can't recall the names of my form teachers for the rest of the years. I shall look them up in my photo album.
Khatijah, I am think of scanning the class photos and sending them to you for posting on the site. Would this be all right? Let me know whether I can send to the yahoo address or another address just in case the file may be too big.

Hope to see you in December and be able to match all the names to the owners' faces.
Cheers!

Mrs Jacqueline Wong-Yip Chin Choo
Deputy University Librarian
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Tel: 6790-5208
Email: ccwong@ntu.edu.sg

5/9/05 20:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
this is Kasturi writing in from India, New Delhi. I have been teaching at the Lady Shri Ram College here since 1979 and before that I was at Bombay teaching at Sophia College. My husband used to work for an engineering giant called Larsen and Toubro - he is now retired from the company and is a consultant on his own.I have two daughters, both married and the elder one is in New York City and has two children, and the younger one is in Bombay and she has just had her first child in June, I am right now in Singapore, with my brother's daughter, who is about to have her first child. I will be here till the 13th of October. my email address is kasturikanthan@hotmail.com - so please do write in to me if you still remember me. I am staying at 29, Leonie Hill, 03-01, Horizon Towers West, and my telephone numbers here are 67347493/94. Much as I would love to come for the Reunion in December, I will not be able to do so as both my daughters and sons in law and their kids are coming to Delhi and December. I do keep travelling a lot - in fact I did touch base with some of you in 1999 - so I hope I can make it to Penang to see all of you at some other time or Inshallah, maybe for our 50th year reunion. I still have very fond memories of SGGS and all the mischief and fun we had. With lots of love to all of you, Kasturi

2/10/05 18:33  
Anonymous santosh said...

Hi fellow classmates. My name is Santosh and I wonder if anyone remebers me? I was in the same class as Rashidah and Indira. I currently live in Middlesex and have been in the UK since 1973. I'd love to hear from all my ex class mates. If anyone remembers Oh Sian Choo?
By the way Chooi Eam...I do remember the lady who sold the sotong.

29/12/14 10:41  
Anonymous Rashidah Begum Fazal Mohamed said...

SAntosh
Wishing you a happy New year.
I elieve Indira has been in touch with you.
We are having our next reunion - the big 50 - in November 2015 in Penang.
Will post details here by March, hopefully

7/1/15 07:12  
Anonymous Rashidah Begum said...

Santosh
Our 50th anniversary reunion dinner will be on 20 November 2015 at Evergreen Lauren Hotel.
Please contact me at rashidahbegum@hotmail.com for more details or send me your contact detail. Also those of Sian Choo.
Regards
Rashidah

13/4/15 06:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home